AND DATA CONTROLLER
Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi, Nation Towers, Building B, Corniche, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Types of data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Website collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies, Usage Data, first name, last name, gender, country, email address, various types of Data, unique device identifiers for advertising (Google Advertiser ID or IDFA, for example), geographic position and language.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Website. Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Website is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Website to provide its services.
In cases where this Website specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Website and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
What information we may collect from you
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our platform, including information provided at the time of registering to use our platform and other co-registrations (e.g. social media logins), subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services;
- The information you provide when you enter a competition or promotion via our platform;
- Information you provide us, or that we may collect from you, when you report a problem with our platform;
- A record of correspondence if you contact us;
- General, aggregated, demographic and non-personal Information;
- Details of offers you place through our platform and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Details about your computer, including but not limited to your IP address, operating system and browser type, as well as information about your general internet usage (e.g. by using technology that stores information on or gains access to your device, such as cookies, tracking pixels, web beacons, etc., (together, “Cookies”));
- Your email address from a third party if you indicate that you have consented to that third party sharing your Information with us; and
- Any other Information we consider necessary to enhance your experience on the platform.
Where your data is processed
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Depending on the user’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the user’s data to a country other than their own.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Interaction with external social networks and platforms, Traffic optimization and distribution, Contacting the User, Infrastructure monitoring, Content commenting, Analytics, Remarketing and behavioral targeting, Hosting and backend infrastructure, Location-based interactions, Interaction with support and feedback platforms, Displaying content from external platforms, Spam protection, Tag Management, Interaction with data collection platforms and other third parties and Managing contacts and sending messages.
How we will use your information
We may use Information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products, promotions or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results and other personalized content;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and another entity using our platform or between you and us;
- To improve our services and to deliver a better and more personalized service to you;
- To ensure that content from our platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device you use to access our platform;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- For any other reason which we deem necessary to enhance your experience of the Platform;
- To administer and manage our incentives programs and fulfil your requests for incentives.
To whom we may disclose your information
1. Other Businesses.
To offer you our Services, we may engage with businesses who are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers (e.g. logistics businesses used to deliver products to you, marketing companies, etc.). We may involve other businesses in your transactions, who may store your Information in a digital wallet to make your use of our Services more efficient.
You understand that it is important that such businesses have access to the relevant Information to perform their functions. We will ensure that these businesses do not use your Information for other purposes. We may also receive Information from these business (e.g. updated delivery and address information), which we may use (e.g. to correct our records and deliver your next purchase). By using our Platform, you hereby freely and specifically consent to the transfer, storage, use, and disclosure of your Information among businesses who are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers, wherever located. These businesses shall be contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your Information.
2. Marketing and Promotional Offers.
We may also use your Information to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and enhance your Platform experience, service messages, new features, enhancements, special offers and events of interest. We may contact you via various channels, including without limitation emails, SMS, push notifications, web notifications, telephone, and news feed cards.
We may permit third parties to use your Information. For example, we may provide advertisers Information to help them reach the kind of audience they want to target and to enable us to comply with our commitments to our advertisers (e.g. by displaying their advertisements to a target audience).
Additionally, you may be asked to provide additional Information to participate in some of our market research activities, including competitions and promotions. For example, if you win a competition, you may be asked to provide further personal data to establish your eligibility and provide you with the prize. This Information may be collected by us or our co-sponsors or vendors for the promotion. Note that you should review such third parties’ privacy policies to see how they may use any information that they collect.
3. Protection of Our Platform and Others.
We release account and other Information when we believe such a release is appropriate to comply with the law and law enforcement investigations and to protect the rights, property or safety of our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for various reasons, such as fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Note that our platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data or other information to these websites.
4. What security measures we apply
It is important for you to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your password and to your devices used to access our services. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. For example, ensure that you sign off when you have finished using a shared device.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information transmitted to our platform and any transmission is at your own risk.
5. How can you access and amend your information?
You are able to access a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with the platform for the purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating your Information.
Examples of information you can access easily at the platform include:
- Up-to-date information regarding recent offers made against items;
- Identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences).
Also, our system will place cookies when you log on to our Platform and this is to ensure you have an enjoyable user experience and are able to utilize all aspects of the Platform. You may disable Cookies by changing the settings on your browser. If you disable Cookies, it will affect how our Platform works and you may not be able to access or use certain areas of our Platform or full functionality. For example, performance cookies collect information about how you use the Site, for instance, which pages you visit most often, which allows us to provide you with targeted and relevant choices that enhance your Site experience.
We may retain a copy of your Information for compliance reasons. When you update information, we may retain a copy of the prior version for our records.
We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our platform frequently to see recent changes.